Positions OpenIron Matrix - Perth Western Australia
Iron Matrix is an innovative new company at the forefront of Industry 4.0. Our patented construction technology combines steel framed modules and solar panels to create structures that power themselves cheaper than fossil fuels. All our steel components are manufactured autonomously right here in WA. Momentum is building and we’re looking for a team member to join us in our Bayswater workshop.
We’re looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and innovative individual to assist us with steel fabrication, monitoring autonomous manufacturing machinery, trouble-shooting machines, safely moving steel (up to 30kgs), assisting with builds, and general workshop maintenance.
The Successful Candidate will have;
- experience or education in carpentry, welding, construction or a related trade;
- demonstrated mechanical aptitude;
- curiosity for how things work and problem-solving abilities;
- demonstrated interest and/or experience in computers, autonomous manufacturing and clean energy;
- an open mind and an interest in learning;
- a strong work ethic with a demonstrated focus on safety;
- the ability to work independently and part of a team; and
- a vehicle and valid driver’s permit.
Beneficial Skills/ Experience
- Drafting (using CAD)
- CNC Controls/Operation
The role is initially a casual position (20-35 hours a week) with flexibility around work hours. Start date is to be determined. This position is ideal for both experienced professionals and new graduates who have related experience/education and an attitude to learn and help build the business. The role offers extensive growth opportunities in the workshop and potentially other aspects of the business.
Please email resumes with subject line “Workshop Technician” by January 31st, 2020 to:
Chief Engagement Officer