Positions OpenIron Matrix - Perth Western Australia
Iron Matrix is an innovative company at the forefront of clean energy in Australia. Our award winning and patented construction technology combines modular steel and solar panels to create structures that power themselves cheaper than fossil fuels. Our organisation is growing and we’re looking for an enthusiastic individual to assist us with bookkeeping, office management, operational support, and the development and implementation of HR policies. The role is suited for someone with related experience and lots of initiative to be creative with the position as the organization grows.
- Processing Payroll—maintain employee records, ensure timesheets are completed and approved; verify expense reports; and send pay slips to employees.
- Managing Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable—act as an intermediary between fabrication staff and suppliers to obtain technical specifications for orders, request and compare quotes, order goods and coordinate deliveries; track all expenditures including purchase orders, invoices, and statements; categorise every purchase to its purpose including customer projects and expense accounts; pay suppliers by scheduling direct deposits; and follow up with customers regarding payment.
- Bookkeeping—reconcile transactions by verifying entries and posting them to accounts; maintain contemporaneous records in Xero; analyse accounts; generate preliminary monthly reports for review by the CFO; and work with the CFO to improve bookkeeping processes.
- Human Resources—assist in the development and implementation of company policies and their communication (e.g. OHS, vacation planning, payroll, etc.)
- Operational Support as required—collect orders from suppliers; manage the calendars of the management team; plan events; manage document filing systems; liaise with customs agents, freight forwards and financial institutions; and draft and edit documents.
The ideal candidate will have:
- experience in commerce, business, HR, accounting, finance or similar;
- experience with bookkeeping and Xero;
- experience with internal policy development, implementation and communication;
- exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail;
- an ability to work independently by using desktop research and critical thinking to identify and implement solutions to problems;
- excellent communication skills for collaborating with management, sales, and fabrication teams;
- a determined goal-driven attitude; and
- a driver’s licence and personal vehicle available for reimbursed business use.
The Business Manager will work under the guidance of the Chief Financial Officer. The role is initially a part-time or casual position (20-30 hours a week) with flexibility regarding work hours and location, including the ability to work from home. Start date is to be determined. This position is ideal for both experienced professionals and enthusiastic graduates who have related experience/education and an eagerness to learn and help build the business. The role offers extensive growth opportunities as the business expands.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Please email resumes with subject line “Business Manager” by 15 February 2021 to:
Chief Engagement Officer